Saturday, October 19, 2013

I Can Tell That We are Gonna Be Friends

Lately I've been really grateful that I don't just love Benson but I actually really like him too. We truly are best friends and this last year has given me proof of that everyday.
Recently I got offered a babysitting job similar to the first one I ever took in the city. I work only a few hours a week to help a newly pregnant (and oh so nauseous) mom with her 18 month old boy while her husband travels for work. Last week they asked if I would travel with them. Each trip international, about 5-8 days long. Basically I would go and we would sightsee. Dream job. Except, I don't want to visit London, Dubai, or even Mexico without my best friend by my side. The days of desiring my independence to "do what I want" are over now. I want to do what he wants to do, what we want to do.
This morning we slept in because this was the first Saturday in months that our day wasn't booked from beginning to end. Benson was delighted to turn off his alarm last night before jumping in bed. We both woke up around 8:30 and went in and out of conciousness every few minutes. At 9:20 I woke up and remembered the hot water was being shut off from 10-3 and I had a sink full of dishes to do and needed a shower in a bad way. Plus, Bens wanted to go running and would need to shower as well. We had just under 40 minutes to get all that done. We jumped out of bed and got started. Surprisingly, we got it all done just in time and decided to do what all responsible adults would do. We got back in bed.
After talking and napping for far too long we had brunch in bed. It looked like this:

It was perfect and it made me realize that these moments happen to be enjoyed. One day we'll have kids and for the most part sleeping in and naps together will be a thing of the past. But I'm sure we'll look back on the laziest of Saturdays with the fondest of memories, and I'm glad we've had this time to become the best of friends.





No comments:

Post a Comment