Wednesday, January 29, 2014

This Could Be Paradise.

Did you know there is a place where the temperatures rarely get above 90° F and the coldest to have been recorded is 61° F? It's tropical, you are always close to the beach, the food is delicious...I just can't stop. It's called Puerto Rico and words cannot explain the five day love affair we had with this country. Sorry New York, you are not my soul city anymore...warm up and relax a bit and I might change my mind. Maybe. We stayed in San Juan in a studio apartment that had everything we needed to make our trip perfect.Our days were spent biking, exploring, drinking fresh fruit batidas and lounging on the beach. Now, nearly 3 months (and too many below freezing days) later, I find myself understanding all too well why Bernardo wanted to go back to San Juan. I'm currently looking for a boat I could get on...It really was our paradise.


A nearby beach we biked to after breakfast. 



PR Graffiti alley

A Jetty. This man explained to us in Spanish what causes
a whirlpool...I think. 


Eating at Pinkie's - SUPER YUMMY!

This is how happy I am to drink Batidas. See?? So Happy.

Kasalta - I think this place may have been my personal fave


Lounge All DAY!  

We enjoyed watching the sunset together
every night.



Every time the tide would start creeping in Benson would wish with all his heart that someone would get caught unaware and he would see them (and their stuff) get washed up. So mean. Anyway, karma happened and we were woken up from the best beach nap ever by a rush of salty water. We had to jump up and scramble to get our stuff as it washed out to sea. Thanks people who sat back and watched it happen, and a special thanks to Benson for cursing us from the start. 


If you think that is it, you couldn't be more wrong. Stay tuned for pictures and stories from Culebra (the most beautiful place I have ever been) and Old San Juan. Sigh. 



Kent would tell me that Coldplay is too mainstream...
luckily he is on a mission and can't opinion-ate. 



I'm siding on the Sharks for this one. Viva Puerto Rico!

1 comment:

  1. This place fits you guys! Why NOT take the plunge and move there?

    ReplyDelete