Monday, April 28, 2014

Moving On Up

I recently posted this on Instagram:

Just when I thought I had covered it all...this guy goes and gets
accepted to EVERY graduate school he applied to. Not to mention
he got into the top ranked school for his program. I mean, he really
is the whole enchilada. I'm soooo proud of you Bensonater!

Amazing, right? Since he graduated from BYU almost 2 years ago, Benson has thought a lot about how he wanted to further his education. I've always known that he would excel no matter what he decided to do because he is a  seriously dedicated person...plus, he is pretty dang smart. After lots of thinking and talking and preparation he applied to 4 schools and 3 different fields of study. I am proud to announce that Benson will be taking his talents to....drumroll please...


Look at that smile. He's totally not annoyed
that I'm forcing him to take this photo...

You are looking at the next Georgetown Bulldog. GO HOYAS! Don't worry, I looked up the definition of Hoya for all of us...dying to know? Click here. You're welcome?? I guess I still don't really get what a Hoya is.  Anyway, back to the real news...Benson will be getting a Masters of Science in Foreign Service and we will spend the next two years (at least) in the Nations Capitol. While we are sad to leave our friends and life behind in the Big Apple, we are really excited for the new adventures that DC will bring...aaand we aren't severing ties with the city completely, we have plenty of things that will warrant a cheap bus ride back. 


This song frequently comes to my mind as we talk about moving. I mean, we aren't moving to the Upper East Side, and I'm pretty sure our next apartment won't be described as deluxe...but, I can't help but feel that as we take this next step we are moving on up in life. Whether it's continued education, starting a new job, becoming a parent for the first time (or even again), we move up and forward and that is what life is about. Not staying in the same place, but moving on up.



This music video is for those of you that thought Nelly came up with the hook to this song all on his own. Nope, you can thank the Jeffersons for this hit! 





1 comment: