Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Come On Skinny Love.

Natalie has been my bestie since high school. We lived on the same street growing up, went to high school and church together and we always got along - no fights. Well...there was this one time where she told all the girls at church that I made out with a kid who also went to church with us as a joke. I was super embarrassed which turned into anger because I didn't know how to handle my fragile emotions which we will blame on teenage angst. Anyway, it lasted a few short and awkward hours and after that we were fine for years. I really love and admire Natalie. That being said...it was a real treat to have Natalie here for the first week of January. She came to interview with the NY Teaching Fellows, got accepted and is now moving here this summer. I'm excited to live in the city together...even if it is just a short while.


I had the privilege of cutting and coloring her
hair while she was here. I think it was the
perfect change for her...one of the best I've done

The MET!


Light pasta lunch in BK before her big interview




A series of pics taken while we had soupy dumplings in Chinatown for Chinese New Year





Matching shirts, as per usual!


Shop Dancing - a great way to avoid buyers remorse. 

Some funny Natalie memories include but are not limited to:

1. Making a cake with a rock baked in for the Skabelund family. We laughed so hard while carrying it to their house (I think because her boobs made an indent in the frosting) that we both peed our pants...we were in high school and my mother was not pleased. 

2. Facebook status war. We took turns changing each other's profile pictures and status updates. So embarrassing but well well well worth it. The rules were: nothing that involved other people, nothing about pregnancy and nothing sexual...which left us with awkward medical conditions, strong political opinions and terrible posts about secret crushes and what we might do to them...

3. I fell down my stairs exposing my undies to Natalie's cousin Addison. She laughed so hard she peed a little on my mom's rug. My mom was not pleased. 

4. Convincing Ross that Natalie was good at tennis so he would pick her to be his doubles partner against me and F. Nozowa (our awesome Chemistry teacher - mentioned above). They lost, Ross was totally frustrated but kept his calm. Total trooper! 

5. When Julie Anne came to live with my family my parents hired Natalie to be her in home care when it was needed. She basically got paid to hang out at my house with me. It was awesome. 

6. Sliding on 2875 N. in the snow late at night. 

7. Watching each other run home so we wouldn't get kidnapped

8. That one time she flipped some guys off while we drove to Salt Lake to see the temple lights with all the young women. Double bird! She did it because I told her too...of course I was joking but she did it anyway!

Am I forgetting anything?? I know there is more...inside jokes just aren't as funny via blog. 



Although Natalie and I weren't in a relationship that broke up sadly and quickly, this song reminds me of her trip to NYC. She discovered this song on my iPod, it struck a chord and we listened to it over 100 times...possibly in a row. 





2 comments:

  1. Ceeel!! Loooove this blog post! So cute and funny! Love you so SO much and so glad we're besties!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You and Natalie are the best! Great post, Celia!

    ReplyDelete