Sunday, March 2, 2014

Forever // Not a Day Less Will Do

On December 21st we celebrated three years of marital bliss by basically reliving our wedding day all over again...this time at Benson's little sister's wedding. The two days really were quite similar and it was fun to think back a whole three years ago when we decided to tie the knot. I even debated showing up in my wedding dress but thought better of it...I'm not really one to try and steal the show, I just think about it. They were married in the Salt Lake Temple (just like us) on one of the snowiest days of the year (also like us) and the similarities don't end there. It really was a beautiful day and I am so glad we got to be a part of it. Congratulations Brock and Liz!
Too handsome for his own good. 

 

This is a series of pictures taken by Natalie after I accidentally cuddled up to Ammon thinking he was Benson while we waited outside of the temple. SO EMBARASSING. You can imagine all the jokes I heard from the brothers the rest of the vacation...and probably for life. 





I present to you Mr. and Mrs. Henson










This is us, ready to leave the reception and
head out on our own anniversary weekend.


One of the best parts of their wedding being on the 21st was that we got to celebrate Christmas with our families. Although my family was missing a few key members, we were lucky to get to spend some good quality time with lots of our siblings and of course our parents too.

Brätt Family Christmas

Singing Christmas carols as a family




Happiest Christmas pug on the block


Acting out the Nativity - Kash begged to be
baby Jesus in the white laundry basket

A wise man and his gold gift for the Christ child


Writing notes to Santa before bed



My lovely stocking this year.
How did I get so lucky?

Games with naughty words...bet you can't
guess what's under that duct tape!

Schmutz Family Christmas 

1992 - When it was cool for a little sister to have
the same haircut as her brother. 

games with Grandma Gayle

talking to Elder Schmutz - the bowl
magnifies the sound...life-hack! 

tiny jumpers!




We stayed in Utah for two whole weeks which allowed us enough time to see lots of family and friends, enjoy favorite restaurants, and even get a weekend away in Eden, Utah where we spent our honeymoon. It's always fun to go back where we started and enjoy the fresh air and familiar faces. I do have to admit that although it was hard to leave, it was nice to come back to our own bed and we really did start to miss the city (give or take a few things).

<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3

Now this is where I declare my undying love for Benson, so you can stop reading if you have a weak stomach or a cold cold heart. These past three years really have been amazing and looking back only makes me more excited for what we have waiting in the years to come. We have seen some of the happiest times I have ever known and the trials we have come up against seem so much easier to face with a best friend at your side. I was lucky enough to marry a man that is kind, patient, understanding, unassuming, dedicated and hard working...and lets face it, he is super hott. I kid you not that at work all the ladies call him "the handsome one". He really is the whole enchilada. I know, you look at me an think, "How did she get so lucky??" and all I can say is, someone upstairs must really be looking out for me.

Seriously, Bens, love you most.



Although we both agree that this is our "song" there really isn't one anthem that defines us. It does, however, perfectly explain that I honestly wouldn't be satisfied than anything other than forever, not a day less will do. 







2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous post, Celia! The pictures are amazing and your writing is beautiful! That's the song on our wedding video, too! Love you two with all my heart! Looking forward to seeing you soon! Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mags! I didn't know that song until I heard it at your wedding (or maybe on your wedding video) so thanks for introducing it to me! Can't wait to come to NC and hang out...so soon!
      xoxo, LOVE YOU!

      Delete